Hybrid Program: Monday-Wednesday on-campus, Thursday-Friday off-campus/online
Are you looking for a more flexible schedule? Are you interested in the “business” side of medicine? Do you love details, thrive on critical thinking, and enjoy research and learning?
Medical Coding and Billing may be the right career for you! The Medical Coder/Biller program is now offered as a hybrid program! Total Cost of the program $4,835.00.
It is one of the fastest growing careers in the healthcare industry today! The need for professionals that understand how to code health care services and procedures for third-party insurance reimbursement is growing substantially. Physician practices, hospitals, long-term care facilities, chiropractic practices, physical therapy practices and other healthcare providers all depend on Medical Coding and Billing for insurance carrier reimbursement.
The flexible schedule (hybrid) has students on campus for the face-to-face instruction needed for success 3 days a week while the other 2 days can be completed online.
Medical Billing is the process of submitting, and following up on, medical claims sent to health insurance companies for reimbursement of services rendered by a healthcare provider.
The Department of Labor reports that the employment for Medical Coder/Billers is projected to grow 11% from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm
A high-quality education is the key to successfully entering this field and becoming a skilled Medical Coder/Biller. The program at CCTC offers a challenging curriculum of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, fundamentals of disease process including pharmacology, CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding systems, insurance billing and reimbursement, and ethical and legal responsibilities in healthcare. At the end of the program, you will take the Certified Professional Coding (CPC) Exam, a gold standard in the healthcare coding industry.
Organizations that have hired CCTC Graduates include:
- Lee Health
- 21st Century Oncology
- Florida Cancer Specialists
- Joint Implant Specialists
- Southwest Florida Neurosurgical and Rehab Associates
- Riverchase Dermatology
- Island Coast Pediatrics
- Internal Medicine Associates
- Orthopedic Specialists of SW Florida
- Physicians Primary Care
- Millenium Physician Group
Courses and Credit Hours
- 1,110 clock hours (185 six-hour school days – approximately one school year in length)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prospective students must be at least 16 years of age or older, have a high school diploma, a GED, or a certificate of completion to be admitted to an ATD program.
- Within six weeks of entry, students in ATD programs of 450 or more hours must be tested pursuant to Rule 6A-10.040, F.A.C. and if below minimum standards for completion from the program, must receive remedial instruction.
- The minimum standards must be at least the equivalent of a score of ten (10) on all sections of basic skills test approved in Rule 6A-10.040, F.A.C. Students must successfully complete all remedial instruction before completing the ATD.
- Prospective students are required to attend an information session.
- Prior to program completion, students are required to achieve the following scores on the Basic Skills Requirement:
- Mathematics 9
- Language 11
Accreditations, Licenses, Certifications
- American Academy of Professional Coders
- Cape Coral Technical College is an AAPC certified school
- Cape Coral Technical College Certificate of Completion
- Students also sit for the Certified Professional Coders, (CPC), examination which is a national certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders.
Learn More – Medical Coder/ Biller Program
*For details on the cost of the entire program, read disclosure statement.