Do you want a career where you can make a difference in people’s lives? Would you like to become a hero and become a positive influence for those in need? Can you see yourself as a Nursing Assistant, part of a healthcare team working side by side with nurses and other healthcare professionals providing care to those in need? Our top notch, board approved Nursing Assistant Program is your answer!
Cape Coral Technical College offers two types of Nursing Assistant Programs, Articulated and Long Term Care.
Nursing Assistant Program graduates are trained caregivers and eligible to take the Florida State Nursing Certification Exam.
Our small classes are designed to provide you with hands-on, personal instruction, guiding you toward becoming a competent and caring Nursing Assistant. You will work directly with patients and nurses at hospitals and other patient care facilities.
The healthcare industry is in high-demand for qualified Nursing Assistant employees. With Cape Coral Technical College’s approved Nursing Assistant Program, the training for hospital positions qualifies and prepares you to become a member of this exciting field.
Nursing Assistant Long Term Care 120 Clock Hours
Our evening part time program meets on Tuesday and Thursday nights 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Students will have the clinical experience in both long term care settings, such as nursing homes and rehabilitation centers, as well as acute care settings, such as hospitals.
The length of this course is about 4 months, with a total cost of $1,150.00*.
2022-2023 Class Schedules
*Enrollment due by September 2, 2022
Class Time: 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
Clinical Time: Hours Varies
Courses and Credit Hours
- The content includes, but is not limited to, safe and efficient work practices, legal and ethical responsibilities, basic patient care, care of the elderly patient, nutrition, and restorative activities.
- The course is 120 hours in length (approximately four school months in length)
- Nurse Aid and Orderly – 120 hours
- Including Clinical time
Our students find jobs with…
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Health Settings
- Long Term Care
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Adult Day Care
- Prospective students must be 18 years of age, or a high school graduate, or its equivalent by the first day of class and meet all admission requirements.
- Due to Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, all students doing direct patient care must either have immunization against hepatitis B or sign a declination statement that he/she chooses not to protect himself/herself from this disease. Cost to the student will be approximately $175.
- Immunizations (including MMR, Varicella, and Flu vaccine) and a two-step skin test for TB is due two weeks prior to class start time.
- All Health Science Education programs require applicants to obtain a drug screen and Level 2 background screen due two weeks prior to admission.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend an Information session (Tuesdays from 9:30 am – 10:30 am & Thursdays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm).
- Obtain official transcripts, if applicable (high school, GED, college, etc.)
- Apply for financial aid (official transcripts required)
- Provide appropriate residency documents
- Complete application packet
- Pay application fee
Accreditations, Licenses, Certifications
- Our Nursing Assistant program has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
- After successful completion of the program students receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to take the Florida Certified Nursing Assistant State Exam. This certification is required to gain employment at Lee Health as well as other health care facilities working as a CNA, (Certified Nursing Assistant).
- Other certificates awarded after successful completion are:
- Cape Coral Technical College Certificate of Completion – Basic Healthcare Worker
- Cape Coral Technical College Certificate of Completion – Nurse Aide and Orderly (Articulated)
- American Heart Association – Basic Life Support (BLS).